Morituri Nolumus Mori - forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picks depending of enemy comp

3 posters

Go down

Picks depending of enemy comp Empty Picks depending of enemy comp

Post by Wolfram Thu 10 Dec - 14:07

I created this topic so everyone can know what others tend to pick according to what we have in front of us.
In my case I mostly look at the botlane but if two or three champs share the same characteristics maybe I will chose something against them.

Blitzcrank: if they have a squishy Supp like Nami, Sona or Soraka

Morgana: Against predictable CC/magic damage (Nami, Soraka, Tahm Kench, Thresh, Zilean...)

Poppy: if the Supp has at least one dash (Braum, Lee Sin, Nautilus, Thresh, Shen) or the ADC (Caitlyn, Graves, Kalista, Kindred, Lucian, Quinn, Tristana, Vayne)

Taric: if they really have a lot of AD and mobility, but I don't think you will let me pick him so yeah

Thresh: it's my default choice, unless if they have either Morgana or Sivir

Sona: if we don't need a tank, I will probably take it against champions with high mobility because they can't dodge my Q spell

Soraka: if they have a melee Supp and/or not a lot of range

Wolfram

Back to top Go down

Picks depending of enemy comp Empty Re: Picks depending of enemy comp

Post by sqAree Thu 10 Dec - 17:44

Nice idea! And your choices so far seem to make sense.

So, in most cases (always assuming we don't try a specific combo atm) I will try to pick something that counters my midlane enemy champion.

Lux: My default choice because I'm good with her and she can't fully be countered due to her amazing range. There are a few champs supposed to be an issue: Talon (but until lvl6 it should be fine, and both of us have roaming potential), Fizz (ok, maybe it's possible to counter Lux :S), Yasuo (dashes make dodging spells easy, wall+passive counter poke), Zed (I think he's weak currently tho).

LeBlanc: Against mages that heavily rely on hitting a skillshot (Fizz, Ahri, Vel'Koz etc.).

Syndra: Against mobility/invi (Akali, LeBlanc, Azir etc.).

Orianna: Against Annie.

Swain: Against those annoying ad midlaners (Talon, Yasuo, Zed).

Twisted Fate: Imo this champ is designed to lose his lane, so I will rather pick it for combos, not against specific champs. The key is roaming anyway, so for this the enemy midlaner's choice doesn't really matter (unless it's a hard counter like Fizz, Diana, Yasuo etc.). I pick this for games where our plan is fast ganks / surprise regrouping and similar things.

With other champs I more or less suck, I'll need to train them to have more choices to counter the enemy. In general I need something against Diana (no idea).
Champs I strive at getting better at / starting to play in the near future are: Lulu, Yasuo, Talon, Diana, (maybe Trynda) and a possible Diana-counter.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Fri 11 Dec - 12:17

Yep, in ranked team matches we'll often end up playing not a specific combo but just trying to out-counter the enemy picks. That's why this topic makes sense. I'd like everyone to react here, in a similar way as Milo and I did, and also look at our choices to see if it makes sense, what can be improved etc.

Later we might want to end up having a really precise plan how to react to picks / bans of the enemy. I know it's not a flowchart, and also intuition is important, but the more precise ideas we already have, the more time we can spend in the picklobby on uncommon situations
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Fri 11 Dec - 13:20

Alright. Well my turn, then.

caitlyn/jinx : when ennemy adc has short range and mobility/stealth (traps and chompers)

vayne : when ennemy compo includes at least two tanky champions. if there is a long ranged adc against me (jinx/caitlyn), i can hesitate and wait for their team to have a third tank, or a melee midlaner, before picking vayne.

tristana : if they have catch ups, mobility (then i got a jump), or dangerous melee bruiser as jungler or toplaner. (as i have a long range in mid/lategame)

ashe : i don't really play her for now, but i think it could be interesting against fast opponents (rammus, voli, heca, teemo, etc).

corki/lucian/draven : i may chose those picks against a squishy ennemy comp (especially ennemy botlane), because of the huge burst i can get. draven is a bit more risky as his burst consists in AA, so i'll watch out for ennemy composition.

graves : he also has a big burst cap, so i may play him if the ennemy botlane has either short range, either isn't to agressive, or isn't tanky.

kalista : i still feel unconfortable with her, but i think i'll train her, so that at least i can use her for knock up combo.

miss fortune : i don't know in which case i should pick her, because i don't feel like she's a hard counter to anything. so maybe just if we have a comp who match with her ult, or if there is a need of big slow (for ex voli/heca) against the opponents.

sivir : i haven't played her yet, just bought her, but i assume that i will pick her when the opponents have predictable CC (grabs for instance) or if we need mobility to catch up or escape.

quinn : i haven't played her as well, so i don't know how it can be used yet. maybe to counter stealth. i'll probably pick her against twitch, and perhaps shaco/rengar/evelynn/teemo.

I hope I haven't forgotten any adc I own, let me know if you think of one.
What do you think ?
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

https://monomo.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Fri 11 Dec - 13:52

Thanks!

I think Ashe is not as effective against fast opponents as you think. A Heca will still gank the hell our of you regardless of slow and it's a bit sad to use her ult for disengage.

For Miss Fortune, I agree, so she could be a kind of default pick, in a desperate case without clue etc. She doesn't counter anything but in return she isn't really countered either.

For the others I don't have anything to add.
You have Ezreal or Kog'Maw?
You should definitely buy Varus in my opinion.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Fri 11 Dec - 20:44

I knew it would not be so useful, and i didn't mean it this way. but the W has insane range and can massively slow them. i think if you do it on time (not on level 1, ofc) it is enough to prevent a volibear's Qspell, or a teemo. heca and rammus are unstoppable anyway, you're right.

I got ezreal, true, i forgot him. And nope, i haven't got the koggie and varus, they are the only two true ADC i still miss, otherwise i got them all.
and alright, i'll get varus nextly. (as amhok plays him quite a lot, it shouldn't be hard for me to train him)
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Sat 12 Dec - 18:40

Well, I'm not so sure Ezreal is viable to play as opposed to other adcs, but yep, for the sake of completeness. ^^
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Thu 17 Dec - 23:44

I don't know, his E makes him very op, actually, huge plays possibility. he's one of the very few champ who have a blink, like a second flash, and also the only adc among them (shaco, leblanc, talon, katarina).
He has nice possibilities, but sadly is very squishy and has no CC. Anyway, I mentionned him indeed for the sake of completeness. ^^
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Sun 3 Jan - 4:47

Btw, I spammed Diana ingame the past few days and I'm quite confident with her now. Soon we can include her in our ranked games.

EDIT: So, Diana is ok to play, Talon and Lulu as well I think, and I got Swain as a Diana counter. The only champ I seem to not be able to get used to is Yasuo. I play him from time to time and always suck. ._.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum